Just when I thought that it has been quite a while since Pokemon Go was updated, there comes an update which adds significant improvement to the functionality of the Pokemon Go Plus accessory.
So what has come with the latest update?
- There is now a catch bonus applied after you have caught a certain number of a particular type of Pokemon. This effect is additive if the Pokemon is from more than one type. This means that the more you catch of one particular type of Pokemon, the higher chance of catching the same type of Pokemon.
To illustrate the additive effect, you can see in the Mr Mine catch screen where the two icons on the top of the screen show that it is both a Psychic and Fairy-type Pokemon, so this would mean that the catch bonus from both Psychic and Fairy badge are added together to improve the catch rate.
- There is now the benefit that we can bring 6 Pokemon into a friendly gym to train it up and strengthen it. This makes boosting up and adding a Pokemon much easier than before.
- The Go Plus icon has now moved over to the right of the screen. The indicator of where the Pokemon is on the screen has been replaced with the Pokemon Go Plus icon rather than the previous red dot.
- One of my previous gripes with the Pokemon Go Plus was that it did not allow for the switching off for Pokemon detection when you are running low/run out of PokeBalls. But it looks like this is now addressed in the latest update. See below.
- It looks like the latest update has also addressed the issue where the Pokemon Go Plus gets disconnected when you try to catch the Pokemon with the smartphone. So now it is possible to still catch Pokemon on your phone and not need to reconnect it. Whether it will allow you to collect from a PokeStop while you are catching a Pokemon e.g. when you are on a bus, I am unable to say but theoretically it is possible. It confirms that the Pokemon Go Plus was also meant to work with the smartphone on.
So things have definitely moved on since my last post a few days ago. Now there is just the addition of trading and the legendary Pokemon that we are all still waiting for.