Now that Pokemon Go has been out for over 3 months, interest in it may be waning with fewer people playing. But for those who continue to invest time into this game, there are still personal goals they are trying to achieve. One of these goals for me, is to complete the Pokedex by catching or hatching all the Pokemon on the list that are available. Recently with the Halloween candy bonus, it has been possible to get quite a few new Pokemon to complete that Pokedex.Here are the new Pokemon I’ve managed to add to my Pokedex list:
1) Charmeleon – I do not see Charmander much in Oxford, hence it is the Pokemon I walked as my Buddy to take advantage of the Halloween candy bonus (walk 0.75km to get 1 Charmander candy), to get enough candy to evolve this Pokemon.
2) The next Pokemon I wanted to get was the Dragonite, which requires 100 candy in order to evolve. But I managed to do this by walking my Dragonair buddy.
3) Venusaur – This Pokemon is one I wanted to get, as it is a Grass Pokemon which would be great to battle Water-type Pokemon. I did manage to hatch 2 Bulbasaur from 2km eggs (with double candy during Halloween offer), so I could accummulate the 100 candy to evolve it.
4) Machamp – Another 100 candy Pokemon I managed to evolve. Great Pokemon to have to battle Snorlax and Lapras.
5) Golem – With the walking of my Graveler (0.25km to get 1 Geodude candy), I managed to grind the 45 candy to evolve this Pokemon.
6) Rapidash – Another Pokemon I managed to evolve by walking a Pokemon (Ponyta) as my Buddy.
And this is my Pokedex as of this moment – seen 141 caught 138. As there are 3 regional Pokemon which cannot be caught in Europe, I will need to depend on hatching eggs in order to get them. But my first aim is to get the 142 Pokemon which I can catch in Europe, and then to get the 3 other regionals. I suppose that Niantic will release the legendary Pokemon (Mew, Mew 2, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres) and Ditto to get renewed interest in this game soon, as people are getting bored with this game now, so only the hardcore Pokemoners are still going at it. Hopefully the December update will introduce the Pokemon trading that everyone is waiting for.
For tip number 2, I had noticed that while indoors sometimes Pokemon Go shows that it has no GPS signal. The way to overcome this is quickly is to switch on the Wi-Fi on the iPhone and the GPS signal will reappear fairly rapidly. I would then switch off the Wi-Fi, as this gives a higher chance for the avatar to roam around when the GPS signal is poor and help with walking the Buddy and hatching the eggs.