Previously I had posted the image of Pleiades captured in LRGB and processed with StarTools. But I felt that I could probably do more with the data using Pixinsight. Having had a chance to learn the workflow for working with LRGB images, I decided to put the experience gained into reprocessing Pleiades.
In total I had taken 30 x 30 sec Luminance, 30 x 30 sec Blue, 20 x 30 sec Green, and 20 x 30 sec Red; I had to discard 6 of the Red channel subs as there was the tip of the hedge impinging onto the image, so I only used 14 subs for the Red channel. They were taken at Gain 200 with Samyang 135mm F2 lens wide open, using Astronomik Deep Sky RGB filters for the colour channels and CLS-CCD for Luminance channel.
Now the first image is Pleiades which was processed with StarTools. I have to confess that I’ve always struggled with the colour balance with StarTools.
Now the image processed with Pixinsight.
Now I have to say that I did use DrizzleIntegration with Pixinsight to see if I could get more detail, but in hindsight, that probably just resulted in larger files without really gaining much in detail. But comparing the two images, I certainly like the colour of the Pixinsight-processed Pleiades more. Now the next step for me will be to learn how to process my narrowband images with Pixinsight – I suspect that there is another steep learning curve ahead.