One of the objects I imaged a while back was the Flaming Star nebula, also known as IC405. I also managed to capture its neighbour IC410, all in narrowband (H-alpha, O-III and S-II). This image was processed with StarTools. Recently, my wife bought me Pixinsight for processing my astrophotos, and hence I will be reprocessing all my images with this, as soon as I relearn the workflow once more; it has been a while since I used Pixinsight with its free trial offer.
ZWO ASI178MM-cooled imager, Samyang 135mm F2.0 lens, Geoptik EOS-CCD adapter, Lacerta MGEN autoguider with TSOptics 50mm guide scope, iOptron ZEQ25GT
I captured 3 min subs for each channel using Gain 200. I chose the best 20 frames for H-alpha, 17 frames for O-III and 21 frames for S-II to produce the images for each channel before combining them together and processing in StarTools. I used H-alpha for the red channel, O-III for the green channel and S-II for the blue channel.
Looking at the above images, somehow I do feel that with the right processing I should be able to get even more from what I’ve managed to capture. Just need to find the time to learn and use Pixinsight to stack and process the image. I also need to capture this in LRGB when there is no moon around.