I noticed these small dandelion-like flowers in my garden, except that they are orange in colour. There is one which is starting to open up and another which is fully open. All images were 4 to 5 images stacked to increase depth of field. Continue reading Orange hawkweed
A few years ago while in Malaysia visiting relatives, I had the good fortune of being able to visit my father-in-law’s Oil Palm plantation. Armed with my Canon 7D, I was determined to get some nice pictures. Continue reading Palm Tree plantation – Malaysia
I previously photographed the white Nigella damascena. I also have blue ones growing in my garden, which I’ve finally photographed. All images are stacked from between 4 to 7 images taken, using Helicon focus.
I had wanted to shoot the UVIVF in extreme macro and stack the images. But due to the complexity of the flower with numerous criss-crossing elements and the amount of adjustment required to get the full flower in focus, I’ve decided to just focus on the areas with the most fluorescence.
Equipment used: Olympus EM-5, Coastal Optics 60mm F4, Baader U filter, Baader UV-IR cut filter, IDS1 & 2e filters, Quantum X2D flash, Nightsearcher UV torches
I have just uploaded my latest IDS video, starring a popular pollinator. This was shot using my newest IDS2e filter.
There are a few sunflowers growing in my back garden courtesy of my daughter. These are quite large flowers and not as straightforward to photograph indoors. Hence I have elected to take these outdoors using ambient lighting. Continue reading Sunflower
I have Bidens growing in my garden over the past few months. It has been the subject I’ve used for testing various filter stacks, which is why I was surprised that I had not posted on this flower up until now. These are all stacked images, and photographed indoors.
I have been waiting for the Rudbeckia aries to bloom in my garden, as this variety seems to be later bloomers than the other Rudbeckias. I have taken photos of these in the garden using available light, as well as in the studio. Continue reading Rudbeckia aries
I have recently had an update of my IDS2 filter stack which is now called IDS2e. The new stack allows for more green transmission than the previous stack. Hence I will be shooting this rather than the older stack from now on. I will retain the IDS2 images in the flowers I have already photographed, but will try and add in the IDS2e images to these posts as well. Continue reading IDS filter update